To understand the events I need to make clear

A shoot was arranged in Paris. I don’t remember the exact day but I am certain it was at the time of terror attack in Paris. The appointment (booking details) was that i would arrive and leave after one night. It was arranged by my agent Phil Green way in advance as usual. But the details were shared only a few day before, specifically that i needed to do a shoot for a motorbike advert. The flight was paid for by the client who had paid the cost of the shoot to my agent. My share was about £600 which I had received before leaving London. The hotel was also paid for by the client, I think directly. In Paris, I didn’t need to pay for anything. I arrived in the morning by plane and came by taxi to Hotel Madeline in the Fifth Arrondissement. The taxi had been booked by the people who had arranged the shoot. They were waiting at the airport with a sign with my name. After checking in, I walked around the area. The shoot was fixed for the next morning. The next morning I was having breakfast when the hotel put through a call from someone called Andre, the photographer, who said the shoot was cancelled. He said there had been a theft and they had stolen the equipment.


I don’t know where it was supposed to be because they were going to send a car to collect me. I returned to London without doing the shoot. Returning to the airport that afternoon, my mistake, I didn’t take the car that had been booked for me.


Once I got to the airport I had to phone Andre and get him to pay the taxi. Forty-five minutes later he arrived in a taxi, It was the first time I’d seen him. He’s the same person who I came with today to the British consulate in the circumstances which I am about to get to. Andre paid for my taxi. I took the plane and came home and carried on with my work as a model. I usually do various shoots, sometimes going abroad four times a month, recently to Dubai. Andre spoke to me only in English. Sometime after this the same photographer made a fresh appointment to be in Milan, which he said was a safer city. There was no date fixed because he had to buy the equipment stolen in Paris. Also, this time the payment for the shoot was the same as the last. The date of my shoot was in Milan on July 11 which was sent to my email address (redacted) while I was in Dubai for work in May. The only phone contact I had with Andre was that time in Paris. The meeting place was told to me only a few days before leaving London. I left alone from Gatwick on July 10, landing in Milan, and took a taxi to the hotel. I paid for the taxi (myself) because I had already received the money. I went to my room in the hotel which had been paid for in advance. I told my mother and agent I had arrived. I had no contact with Andre.

I spent part of the time in hotel and some time shopping. I had lunch and dinner on my own. In the evening I stayed in my room. I only went to the gym in the hotel. The next morning after breakfast at 8.15am I had reception call a taxi to take me to the appointment at 9am with Andre. I took my luggage (with me) because I was not returning to the hotel. I had the address where the shoot was going to be and also the number for Andre. The directions I received from him were to get to the location and, if he was not there, I should go inside anyway. When I arrived I had difficulty finding the studio, so I phoned Andre. The man who answered said his name was Daniel and that Andre would arrive soon, but that I should go in anyway because Daniel was waiting inside.

Chloe claimed she was held by members of the Black Death.

The studio was in a one or two floor building and I don’t remember if it had a name or sign outside.

I remember there were two glass doors with dull aluminium covers. I found the door ajar, so I went in.

I don’t remember anything about the room except that on my right there was a panel obstructing the view from outside.

So, I went toward the door and there was a sign saying ‘Studio’.

Statement entry by detectives – At 1.40pm the witness (Miss Ayling) said her statement could put her in danger and that the people who kidnapped her had threatened her if she talked to the police. She said that (they) had told her “neither you or your family must speak derogatively about the Black Death”. Interview suspended to allow her to recover emotionally.

Miss Ayling’s statement then continues:

Back to July 11, I had my phone in one hand and suitcase in other. The door to the studio was closed and before I entered person from behind put a hand on my neck and one on my mouth stopping me from screaming, Both hands had black gloves. A second person, who also came from behind, (came round to) face me. The second man had a balaclava on, so I could only see his eyes through two holes and his mouth. He was of normal height, athletic build, muscular and he also wore black gloves. He was dressed in dark clothes. His clothes meant you could not see his arms.

The man behind me continued to restrain me, forcing me to lift my face (up), while the one in front gave me an injection in my right arm. I don’t know how he got to my arm because I wearing a long sleeve leather jacket. I felt like I didn’t have enough air because the man holding me from behind was stopping me from breahing. The didn’t say anything or talk among themselves.

While being attacked I dropped what I was holding on the floor. When they injected me, my arm was uncovered. Maybe they had taken off my jacket, but I don’t remember.

She claimed she earned the trust of her kidnappers but f

The attack happened in front of the door of the studio, in a narrow stretch of corridor. In the circumstances, I lost lucidity. I don’t know whether as a result of lack of air or the injection. Then I lost consciousness, because when I came around I was only wearing my Chenille pink body and the socks I am wearing now. I realised I was in the boot of a car. Someone had taken off my jacket, my jeans – which were light coloured with dark marks – and my Adidas shoes. The total number of people who participated in harming me up until this morning when I came to the consulate is five. From when I was kidnapped to when I was freed today i have only seen the faces of two people. One of these is the guy who came to the consulate this morning, and who in the first instance, I did not identify as one of those responsible in front of consulate (staff) and the police. Under those circumstances, I told those present, that once i had become free I stopped a passerby to use their phone to call the only person I knew in Italy and whose number I knew (off) by heart. I provided this version of events only out of fear of revenge.

Chloe Ayling claims she was held for six days on the first floor of an apartment

The man who was with me at the consulate – after my kidnapping at the studio and after two men took me to an apartment by car – was the only one who held me prisoner for entire duration of my kidnapping, who watched over me, stopped me from going out or escaping, threatening me that they would kill me if I did so.

From the moment I was kidnapped and held in the flat, the man who today took me to the consulate took off my handcuffs and the tape from my mouth, leaving just the handcuffs (attached to) my ankles which held me to a bedside table preventing me from moving freely or (any) possibility of escaping.

The place where they held me was an apartment with two rooms. I was forced to stay on the floor of one in a sleeping bag. As I said, when I regained consciousness, I got the impression of being in the boot of a car. I realised someone had put cuffs on my wrists and ankles. On my mouth there was tape. They had put me in a bag closed with a zip. There was only a little hole allowing me to breathe. I tried to open the hole. The boot was the kind where you have access from the front of the car but there is a cover (which) when closed stops you from seeing (its) contents from (the) outside. While trying to open the bag, I put my hands outside the bag making the cover move and attracting (the) attention of (the) kidnappers.

The car stopped, two people got out and opened the boot. I briefly saw the face of one of them, the driver. I didn’t see the face of the second person. The driver is not the man who brought me to the consulate. They forced me to put my hands (inside) the bag and closed it. Neither spoke to me. After this first stop, we carried on for 45 minutes, when we stopped for a second time because of my crying and moving (around) in the back. One of the men wearing a balaclava got out of the car and gave me some water to drink from a plastic bottle straight into my mouth. He took the handcuffs off and tried to put them behind my back which I objected to. He said If I didn’t agree I would get a second injection. The threat scared me and I agreed to be cuffed. When he closed the cover he put a suitcase on top. (There was) a tiny hole in the bag so I could see the partly opened suitcase was empty. After travelling for another 45 minutes, we stopped again, because I was crying out and was stressed. I don’t know if they spoke much because the radio was on full volume. During the third stop, a man got inside the boot and crouched (down) in there with me. He had his face uncovered. He reassured me. He spoke good English. This was not the same person who came with me to the consulate.

He was about 40-years-old, much taller than me, pale skinned, thin. He had brown hair and dark eyes with features which could be Polish. My mother is Polish so I recognise the features. We travelled for a short time, when we stopped again and they took off the handcuffs from behind my back at my insistence, but (were) telling me they would have to go back on once we arrived at (our) destination. After another 30 minutes the car stopped. They put on my cuffs and put tape on my mouth forcing me to stay inside the bag, took me out of the boot and carried me to entrance of a building with two floors. Here they threw me out of the bag, and took off the cuffs which were on my feet, and took me inside an apartment which was on the upper floor. The man who got into the boot did not wear gloves. The car was navy blue and long, probably a station wagon. After they threw me out of the bag, I found myself dressed only in a pink body, knickers and grey socks. The two men, the one that was with me in the boot and the driver, took the cuffs off my feet to allow me to walk and go up the stairs. The driver still wore a balaclava, while the other one didn’t.

The model Chloe Ayliingin one of her Instagram shots.   (Image: Chloe Ayling / Instagram)

I didn’t see the house well when I arrived because I was inside a bag and I only got out when I was at the entrance, but I saw it yesterday when at about 6.00pm they let me out for the first time. I saw the building this morning before we left but it was still dark. It was a two floor building, white, with a door on two wooden posts, with a small garden at the front with a bit of grass and paving. There is a wooden bench to the right of the entrance looking at the building from (the) outside and a little window that was always closed. The property has a low fence about 70cm (high) without a gate, just a gap. To reach the house you have to walk along a bit of grass and some stone slabs. There is a balcony on the first floor, (made of) iron I think, with two wooden doors.This property was only inhabited by the people who kidnapped me.

Model Chloe Ayling revealed that was told she’d be killed if she talked about what happened (Image: Daily Mirror)

Next to the building, on the left, was a small wooden building, like a barn. We were in a rural area on top of hill and yesterday, when I was allowed (out) onto the balcony for the first time, I saw forests and mountains quite nearby. When we left the property this morning, we were on a rough road for about seven minutes, going downhill. Going back to the 10th of July, the man who was with me in the boot accompanied me on the order of the other man, the driver, upstairs to the bathroom. When they took the handcuffs off my hands, I still had the tape on my mouth. I had the impression that the driver was the one in charge, (as) the other man was nicer to me. When I came out of the bathroom, they put the handcuffs back on and a new stretch of tape on my mouth. Then they took me to a room where there was a chest of draws on the right and a single bed on the left. It was (now) about 2pm, they made me sit on the floor on top of a blue sleeping bag.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s